Space Planning of a Disc-Golf Park in the Shevchenko Park
Realized 25.01.2020 - 25.04.2020
54 000 UAH
Disc golf is a game that promotes a healthy lifestyle, trains endurance, coordination and accuracy. For many people who have been injured or do not have an active lifestyle, disc golf is a great opportunity to stay in shape.
The project initiators have installed 9 fixed disc golf baskets in the Shevchenko Park. Now everyone can enjoy outdoor activities, playing this game for free.
Here are the basic rules:
1. To play this game, you will need a disc and a golf basket.
2. Step 70-150 meters away from the basket.
3. Take the disc and throw it towards the basket.
4. Come up to the place where the disk fell, put your foot there and throw the disc again so as to hit the basket.
5. Throw the disc from the places where it falls until you hit the basket.
6. The person who hits the disc into the basket with the least number of attempts is the winner of the round. The game can go for 9 or 18 rounds.
On 13-14 June 2020, the opening of all-Ukrainian professional tournament Ivano-Frankivsk Open took place in Ivano-Frankivsk. Almost 40 professional players from Kyiv, Lviv, Lutsk, Rivne and Ivano-Frankivsk competed for the top spots.
9 fixed disc golf baskets were purchased for the funds provided by Urban Space 100 grant program.