Urban Space 100 announces an additional opening for new participants at Urban Space 100 NGO
If you want to join a community of active citizens and get a tool to make positive changes in the city, right now you have a unique chance to do it by becoming one of the hundred social investors in the Urban Space 100.
In 2014, 100 co-founders invested USD 1,000 each and opened a public restaurant, which has been allocating funds to support social projects for the development of Ivano-Frankivsk for over 6 years. Today, our community of social investors is ready to add four new participants to allow those interested to join a unique project and become new drivers of positive change in the city. To apply for participation in the project, please fill out the registration form at https://bit.ly/3fq0gGb
By becoming a social investor in Urban Space 100, you will have a chance to:
- Join a unique project that is already making a difference in Ivano-Frankivsk and Ukraine;
- Participate in the General Meeting of Urban Space 100 and choose which social projects will be financed with 80% of the restaurant’s net profit;
- Add your own expertise and become part of a community of 100 socially active people brought together by the idea of quality development of urban space.
1. Can my participation remain anonymous?
By agreeing to join the project, the participants agree that their participation in the project will be public. In particular, their photo, first and last name will be posted on the main page of the website. You cannot participate in the project anonymously.
2. Are there age restrictions for applying for participation in the project?
According to the Charter of Urban Space 100, persons over the age of 18 can participate in the NGO.
3. Why are there vacancies in Urban Space 100?
Six years of the project’s existence is a long journey of changes and personal stories, including for the co-founders. During this time, two co-founders passed away, and two more made an informed decision to leave the project, remaining its ambassadors.
4. What will my USD 1,000 be used for?
The membership fees of new participants will cover the expenses related to the depreciation of the facility. Since all net profit is distributed to support social projects, the restaurant needs updating after more than 6 years of operation.
5. Will USD 1,000 be returned if I leave Urban Space 100?
No, it won’t. Social investors make a membership fee of USD 1,000 (in hryvnia equivalent at the NBU exchange rate as on the day of payment) on a non-refundable basis. Learn more about the purpose of the funds in #3.
6. Can only residents of Ivano-Frankivsk participate in the Urban Space 100 project?
No, the participants include residents of other cities and countries. If you want to take part in the project aimed at the development of Ivano-Frankivsk, you can apply as a new participant.
7. What projects does Urban Space 100 support?
Urban Space 100 supports social projects that will be implemented in Ivano-Frankivsk and aimed at the development of the city. Basic requirements: projects must be non-commercial, non-political and non-religious. Learn more about the supported projects at https://urbanspace.if.ua/uk/projects
8. What is the project selection procedure?
80% of the net profit goes to support non-commercial social projects for the development of Ivano-Frankivsk. The General Meeting is held quarterly offline in the Urban Space 100 restaurant, where the co-founders decide which projects will receive funding. Decisions are made by a majority of the participants physically present at the meeting.
9. What do the participants of Urban Space 100 do?
The participants of Urban Space 100 attend quarterly General Meetings to hear the report of the management restaurant company on the current quarter as well as the management report of Urban Space 100 on the implementation of supported projects and approve decisions on the allocation of funds to new social projects.
Note! The participants of Urban Space 100 cannot interfere in the restaurant management carried out by the restaurant company, 23 Restaurants. However, in case of non-profitability of the restaurant, they can vote on replacing the restaurant company with another at the General Meeting.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org